Tuesday, February 24, 2009

As you'll see in future posts, I like to chase sunrises. One morning I was racing to the Columbia River to take a picture of sunrise over the Portland Channel. As I was driving quickly through the neighborhood, I noticed a heavy frost on the plants and shrubs and several potentially nice shots, but nothing was more important than getting to the river for sunrise. Unfortunately, when I got to my destination it was socked in with fog and there was no sunrise to see. It was that morning that I learned that you never run past one picture in pursuit of another that you may not get--the proverbial bird in the hand being worth two in the bush. On my way home, I stopped in a church parking lot filled with trees and bushes covered with frost and found what would come to be one of my favorite winter venues to use my macro lens.

1 comment:

  1. what a great macro! I also love to capture a great sunrise or sunset.

    ReplyDelete